Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the U.S.!
I heard the real version of this song and it reminded me of this commercial. Then cause were talking about this Sims I though I should share. This is actually Lady Antebellum singing "I Need You Now" in Simlish.

Here is a behind the scenes where Lady A are recording this Simlish version of "I Need You Now".

It's really funny.
I'm pretty sure I have this expansion pack but have yet to see a time machine... :/
The Sims have sure come a long way from the basic game. A Time Machine! That was not something I would have predicted. So, I wonder if you have it and just haven't found it. Maybe your characters have to reach a certain level to unlock it.
It must have been really fun to sing a song in Simlish. It almost sounds like a language, but you can never quite understand it.

The graphics in Sims 3 are much better. I must check it out.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

[quote='Catherine' pid='1133' dateline='1389932635

That is the trouble with getting a new computer, you have to replace everything. I needed a new Word/Office. The old one was just too old.
A lot of the games I had were older versions. I loved that computer, but the video card went or something like that. It really crashed. I am just glad I had my pictures on an external hard drive.
[/quote]

That reminds me of this funny thing I saw at "DigitalDreamDoor.com"
I think you might appreciate it Catherine....

Microsoft vs. GM

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon."
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: if GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1) For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.

2) Every time they painted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.

3) Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to re-install the engine.

4) Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five percent of the roads.

5) New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.

6) Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

7) GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50 percent or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Dept.

8) Every time GM introduced a new model, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

9) You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/qu...iches.html
For more funny computer related stuff.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
[Image: smiley-happy023.gif][Image: smiley-happy110.gif][Image: smiley-laughing001.gif][Image: smiley-laughing004.gif][Image: smiley-laughing013.gif][Image: smiley-laughing021.gif]

I needed a good laugh. This one is too funny as well.

Microsoft Dinner 98

INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROSOFT'S NEW TV DINNER PRODUCT:

You must first remove the plastic cover. By doing so you agree to
accept and honor Microsoft rights to all TV dinners. You may not
give anyone else a bite of your dinner (which would constitute an
infringement of Microsoft's rights). You may, however, let others
smell and look at your dinner and are encouraged to tell them how
good it is.

If you have a PC microwave oven, insert the dinner into the oven.
Set the oven using these keystrokes:

mstv.dinn.//08.5min@50%heat

Then enter:

ms//start.cook_dindin/yummy|/yum~yum:-)gohot#cookme.

If you have a Macintosh microwave oven, insert the dinner and press
start. The oven will set itself and cook the dinner.

If you have a Unix microwave oven, insert the dinner, enter the
ingredients of the dinner found on the package label, the weight of
the dinner, and the desired level of cooking and press start. The
oven will calculate the time and heat and cook the dinner exactly to
your specification.

Be forewarned that Microsoft dinners may crash, in which case your
oven must be restarted. This is a simple procedure. Remove the
dinner from the oven and enter:

ms.nodamn.good/tryagainagain/again.crap

This process may have to be repeated. Try unplugging the microwave
and then doing a cold reboot. If this doesn't work, contact your
oven vendor. The oven itself is obviously on the blink.

Many users have reported that the dinner tray is far too big, larger
than the dinner itself, having many useless compartments, most of
which are empty. These are for future menu items. If the tray is too
large to fit in your oven, you will need to upgrade your equipment.

Dinners are only available from registered outlets, and only the
chicken variety is currently produced. If you want another variety,
call Microsoft Help and they will explain that you really don't want
another variety. Microsoft Chicken is all you really need.

Microsoft has disclosed plans to discontinue all smaller versions of
their chicken dinners. Future releases will only be in the larger
family size. Excess chicken may be stored for future use, but must
be saved only in Microsoft approved packaging.

Microsoft promises a dessert with every dinner after '98. However,
that version has yet to be released. Users have permission to get
thrilled in advance.

Microsoft dinners may be incompatible with other dinners in the
freezer, causing your freezer to self-defrost. This is a feature,
not a bug. Your freezer probably should have been defrosted anyway.

Remind me not to buy the product, my freezer does need defrosting, but not right now.Smiley4
Catherine

Hillarious!! Who thinks this stuff up??? They should be given the "tellin' it like it is" award!!
mypetsonparade.com
Quote:Hillarious!! Who thinks this stuff up??? They should be given the "tellin' it like it is" award!!
So true.

So why do we love computers. They drive us crazy. Every time you get good at it you have to get a new one and it is totally different. I hear scary things about windows 8.
I liked XP. Why did we have to change it?

Micro waves are another thing. No two even remotely work the same. So just when you finally figure out the best way to do a potato, the machine plots to break down. I know my micro wave is plotting. My dryer is refusing to heat up which means the clothes stay wet. My tape deck better not break down. I don't even know if they make them and my favourite music is on tape. For some reason I thought I would never buy a CD player so I bought cassettes. I guess CD's are old technology. I can't keep up.Undecided
Catherine

Where to start....When we got Bock's new computer they kept try to get us to sign up for windows 8, which was pretty new at the time. I said I'd rather wait till they worked all the bugs out. The guy told me "Oh, they've already done that!" I was like "Oh really????"
Also I heard the other day Microsoft will soon stopr supporting XP which is what my computer is using. Sad
I don't own a microwave so no problems there, but I have a heck of a time working other peoples...and their dishwashers aren't much better, lol!
I haven't seen cassettes in a while. I still have a few gathering dust in the closet.
Remember when record players went away? I sold almost 200 vinyl albums. My entire collection. Now they are making a comeback, sheeesh!! Hang on to your cassettes!!! You can always pick up another tape player at the local thrift store hopefully!!

Teeeheehee... I noticed a "cuss word" slipped though the sensors.......
mypetsonparade.com
I heard that vinyl records were coming back. It seems they sound better.Smiley4 Of course all my records are gone too.

I will keep my favourite cassettes just in case. I am sure some of us still like them and they might come back.
VCRs however are dead. They were a pain to use even when they were new. I am sure no one misses them. Have you ever carefully and slowly picked a VCR tape out of a machine after it broke. It could really gum up the insides of the player. It could take hours and of course until every shed of the broken tape is gone, the machine couldn't be used.Smiley21

I heard about XP not being supported. Good thing I have windows 7.

Quote:Teeeheehee... I noticed a "cuss word" slipped though the sensors.......
We have to have a few words. We just try to keep them somewhat nice.Smiley4
Catherine

Yep, most recently as a amtter of fact. Last year we bought a VCR/DVD combo. the VCR didn't last very long at all. We still have many movies on VHS. We have been replacing them with DVDs. I was thinking the other night as soon as we get eveything we want on DVD they will die out as well. Sad
Everything is going digital. Most of our extra [LOL] money goes to movies since we don't really watch TV.
mypetsonparade.com
I have windows 7 and love it. Vista sucked. I've played around with windows 8 and I just don't like the way they want me to use it but Ive heard you can change the block look to the regular old set up. But I'll deal with that when the times comes. Until then I'm happy with my windows 7. As for mac I can't even begin to start with how much I don't like it. Oh well everyone has their own preferences.

It the same with gaming systems Playstation vs xbox. I have both a PS3 and an xbox360 and I still prefer PlayStation. But I have friends who are the exact opposite. to each his own.