Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Puppies pulled alive from avalanche hotel
I don't know if you have been following the news about the hotel in the Italian mountains. An earthquake on Jan 18 triggered an avalanche that buried a tourist site. They have been digging the hotel out ever since. Some people have been found alive, but sadly a number were found already dead.

Imagine the rescuers joy when they found three puppies in the hotel very much alive!

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=1&at=dt0

The picture of the puppies is so cute.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...380&at=dt0

They were just fortunate to be in a place that created an air pocket. With all their thick fur they were able to stay warm.

The parents had already escaped and I can't imagine the reunion. The mother and babies will be so glad to see each other.

Sadly for some people there will be no reunion. I feel for the little boy rescued whose parents were not so lucky.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is awful, what happened. It's amazing the puppies survived. Yes their coats would help them but they must have been terribly dehydrated all those days from January 18th. Puppies dehydrate more quickly than adults. But that would have been a long time even for an adult dog.

It is great that the parents of the pups survived. Reunion with their mother will be so happy for both!

I am very sorry about the loss of human life....and I suppose the counting isn't done yet.
The puppies were lucky to be in a space that protected them. They may have been able to eat snow, but it would have been cold and dark. I bet they were overjoyed when they were found. They certainly look healthy and happy.

At this late date they don't think they will find and more of the missing still alive. Still they will search because once in a while a miracle happens.  I believe they found a baby alive under the rubble 8 days after an earth quake.

An avalanche is such a powerful force of nature. It is swift and unstoppable. People wouldn't have had a chance. Someone I knew as a child was lost in an avalanche maybe 40 years ago. Our Prime Minister's younger brother was lost in an avalanche more than a decade ago.
The Italian avalanche was a very big one and it is worse because there was a hotel full of people in its path.  It is a very sad time for them.
Catherine

I saw the puppies pulled alive and was so happy to see those cute faces! It's so nice when they are rescued!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
In the middle of the disaster at least there was some joy. If they had been in the guest section of the hotel they might not have been so lucky.

They are such cute little puff balls. Good thing they were fat and furry.
Catherine

Yeah, they were adorable!! I still can picture them!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I understand they are doing well. They are three lucky puppies.
Catherine