Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County Passes Legislation
This article was from last year but it was on the news this morning that they have passed the legislation making an animal abusers registry in the county of Cuyahoga in the State of Ohio:

http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2016/12...-pets.html

Here is the latest news on it out today:

http://www.cleveland.com/articles/200230...e_pets.amp

On the news tonight they reported that they hope to have registries all across the state next!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
This is an example of what we need. It will really help keep animals out of the hands of abusers. It also makes an example of animal abusers. 

We need other places to come up with the same registry.  I wish there could be one federal registry established by one law, but it is a matter of jurisdiction. the issue has to be handled at the local level.

Canada is the same. Each province has to come up with its own laws and I don't know who would handle a registry.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is a milestone in animal abuse change! I am very proud of my state of Ohio!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
You are lucky to live in a very enlightened state.  I hope other states follow Ohio's example.
Catherine

This is very good news, and exactly what is needed. It's good to hear Ohio has done that. I hope other states will follow suit. I hope it will spread worldwide.
It is a good thing that some states are making positive changes towards animal welfare. It needs to be a global registry, but that is many years even decades away.
Catherine