Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agriculture college students killing animals
This is disturbing. Students at an agricultural college are training to work with animals. Students at Hartpury College, Gloucestershire compete with each other to see who can kill the biggest animal and post it online. I would be bothered by this behavior in anyone, but when it is an agricultural student it is more worrying.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

There is some question about whether the college knew what was going on.  Even if they didn't know, I would question their teaching if this is the type of student they produce.
I  hope they seriously review their cirriculum and maybe they should look over their admissions requirements as well.

They may have expelled some students, but they need to do a more serious overhaul of their system.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's appalling why do they want work in agriculture if that's the way they feel,I don't get it.
Yes, Catherine, this affair is disturbing. It is also appalling that the Police have done nothing and indeed seem to have accepted the account of the killer of the fox cub as genuine - despite his having posted publicly, “got the f*****”.

It is equally appalling that the college has been given lots of evidence by staff and students that this "game" has been going on for a long time, but only one expulsion and a few suspensions (which, no doubt, will be lifted once the public gaze has gone).

“These incidents do not, in any way, reflect the behaviours and beliefs of the college, our students, staff and graduates.” So says the college. Well, it does reflect the behaviour of quite a few students, at the very least....
When a college allows improper behavior in its students and does not censure them, the college is saying it condones the behavior. If this comes from one or two students then they need to remove these students. I think the college knew, but knew  unofficially. If it didn't know then it is out of touch with its students. However you look at it the college is responsible on some level. The students were playing the killing game as part of the student experience at the college.

There are too many things that happen at universities and colleges that are unacceptable behavior. It is time something was done.

Quote:That's appalling why do they want work in agriculture if that's the way they feel,I don't get it.
This is the point. They are agriculture students. Why would they even think about playing a game like this?
There are some troubling people in the world.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine