Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures of baby Polar Bear at Toronto Zoo
These are truly charming pictures.
He can come and live at my house! lol!
He is so lovable Heart
Hudson is a real doll. He now lives at the Assiniboine Zoo in Winnipeg. They have a very special set up for Polar Bears. They can bring down orphaned bears from Churchill Manitoba area where many of the bears live.

There is nothing cuter than a baby bear.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is so good. Those orphans do need some help. What happens to the mothers? Is it that they died naturally? Do you know?
Sometimes a baby bear is just found wandering. The mother must have been killed somehow. They never find her. Sometimes hunters have killed the mother. (what kind of person kills a mother bear)

Inukshuk, the father of our baby bear, was orphaned when hunters got his mother and his twin brother. I think they would have killed him too if they could have. He was rescued and the airline flew him down to Toronto for free so the Zoo could raise him.

The zoos are working to save these beautiful creatures and who knows one day their children's children may return to the wild.
There are a lot of programs to help raise orphans and save species that are in danger of extinction. What you see at a big zoo is just the tip of the iceberg. We just see the public parts. There is a whole lot going on to save animals.

Toronto Zoo is working to save the Vancouver Island Marmots. It is unlikely that they will ever be on display to the public. We have actually put black footed ferrets back into the prairie habitat from which they have been absent for a long time. There is hope for the future. We have damaged the environment, but work is being done to fix it.
Catherine

The new baby bear went outside into the snow.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/01/29/...89016.html

He is such a cute little fellow. I can't wait to get out to the zoo to see him. Maybe next week.
Catherine