Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treacle is due Tues 21st January
(01-25-2014, 01:30 PM)Catherine Wrote: Right on her due date! Who would have expected that. Well done Treacle.97
So what do they look like? Of course these are baby bunnies not baby guinea pigs so you can't tell what they look like until they get some fur. I trust mom and babies are doing well. I look forward to seeing them.
Treacle must be dark coloured, so what colour is the dad?

At the moment I have only looked at two of them, one looks to be black and the other one looks to have the same colouring as Treacle and she is a harlequin. Because she is a first time mom I haven't been going inside the nest every day. I checked the first day and then only every other day until they are about a week old and then I will get them out and take pictures.

This is the dad, Bob.

[Image: 2013-09-20142921_zps15d773e6.jpg]
(01-26-2014, 01:33 AM)hungrypigs Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 01:30 PM)Catherine Wrote: Right on her due date! Who would have expected that. Well done Treacle.97
So what do they look like? Of course these are baby bunnies not baby guinea pigs so you can't tell what they look like until they get some fur. I trust mom and babies are doing well. I look forward to seeing them.
Treacle must be dark coloured, so what colour is the dad?

At the moment I have only looked at two of them, one looks to be black and the other one looks to have the same colouring as Treacle and she is a harlequin. Because she is a first time mom I haven't been going inside the nest every day. I checked the first day and then only every other day until they are about a week old and then I will get them out and take pictures.

This is the dad, Bob.

[Image: 2013-09-20142921_zps15d773e6.jpg]

Here's some recent pics of them.

[Image: 2014-02-24181512_zpscb919f7a.jpg]
[Image: 2014-02-24181501_zps7416dc95.jpg]
[Image: 2014-02-19190126_zps57148b1d.jpg]
They are so cute. How many did she actually have. I love the little black one. Of course Bob is cute as always. There is something so appealing about bunnies. They all look so loveable. Will these babies have the lionhead mane? The black one would be pretty remarkable looking with a mane.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-03-2014, 04:09 PM)Catherine Wrote: They are so cute. How many did she actually have. I love the little black one. Of course Bob is cute as always. There is something so appealing about bunnies. They all look so loveable. Will these babies have the lionhead mane? The black one would be pretty remarkable looking with a mane.Heart

She had three altogether and all of them are so adorable. Their manes are starting to grow in. They will be going to live in Scotland with mom Treacle in a couple of weeks time. A lady wants all of them and is willing to travel all that way to collect them.
That is wonderful news. I love the idea of the babies being together and Treacle their mom is a lovely bunny. I am sure the lady in Scotland will be very happy with them. I hope she sends you pictures so you can see how they look when they are fully grown.

You are going to miss your fuzzy bunnies although you might not miss the huge amount of work needed to keep them nice.

How many more do you need to rehome?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine