Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Groundhog Day
I've known about Phil but I didn't know about the others. Learn something new every day.
I gather quite a few towns have Groundhog Day celebrations. Phil is the most famous. Wiarton Willie is Canada's most famous Groundhog. He stands out because he is an albino. He is actually Willie 2. One year when they went to wake him, Willie had died in his sleep. They did a memorial and even observed a few moments of silence in Parliament. We take our Groundhog seriously.

Sadly this year there will not be an early Spring.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(02-03-2014, 03:46 AM)AnimalFamily Wrote: Cibach: Do you mean like you will have six more weeks of summer?

No, we're in the depths of winter here in the UK, albeit a wet one.
We tend to believe here that whatever North America has weather wise we get a version of it about 2 weeks later. This usually works for snow, but I don't know where all this rain has come from!!Smiley57

I was hoping that the groundhog would predict an early spring and that we would get one too.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Weather is strange. You get our weather two weeks later, but a little bit recycled. I get western |Canadian weather about two days later pretty much as is.
When Animal Family has a storm I get it about 12-24 hours later in full force with just as much snow/ice or whatever nature is throwing at us.
Most of the Groundhogs agree that Spring WILL NOT BE EARLY.Smiley19
I think we all agree that this winter has go on long enough and has been a rather unpleasant experience. Enough winter already.Smiley7
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine