Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat and dog food recall, March 2019
Purina has issued a cat food recall for Muse wet cat food, Natural Chicken in Gravy in 3oz cans. This is the only Purina product effected and changes have been made to prevent the problem. Customers noticed plastic bits in the food. No animal were hurt, but Purina acted quickly to recall the food and will reimburse customers. They have also apologized for any inconvenience they have caused. 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fda-alert-...60489.html

This is a responsible reaction to a problem that could potentially have harmed pets.

Further in the article there is more information about Hills Pet Food and their contaminated food. 
Compare the responses. Animals actually died because of the Hills Pet Food.  They have been slow to respond and they have not 
reached out to concerned and grieving pet owners.

There is an FDA warning about Darwin Pet food as a potential Salmonella  source for pets and humans.

There seem to be a lot more pet food recalls these days.  Of course now we recognize a pet food problem and it is recalled quickly.  I hope that no more animals are harmed because of faulty pet foods. We trust out pet food suppliers with our pet's lives. We need to be able to trust them that the food is safe.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you for this alert Catherine!
I have looked around and none of the cats I know  are eating the  recalled cat food.

I am impressed  by how quickly and carefully Purina has acted. The food is recalled, the problem is fixed and they will compensate any one who lost money. The have also apologized. No animals have been injured. They are just being very careful.
I wish all pet food and even human food companies would act so responsibly.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine