Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bats/Wildlife food trade likely source of coronavirus
I am glad you got this posted. Your video link doesn't play in Canada so I have a different link to what might be the same story.

https://youtu.be/qjkg2Yd2cLI

It is clear that the wildlife trade is dangerous. They are bringing in animals and exposing them to each other and to humans. Viruses  mutate and they jump species with disastrous results. As long as the wildlife trade and live animal markets exist the whole world is at risk. It is not enough to regulate the trade or inspect the market. They need to stop the whole system of eating exotic animals and especially selling them live as food.  People are sometimes eating the meat raw. They are even eating things that are still alive. 
The results are things like SARS and this new Coronavirus. This all needs to change. If we treated animals with the respect they deserve we wouldn't have these outbreaks.

I can't even imagine why anyone would eat a bat. There would be so little meat that they would be taking a life for nothing.

I would assume that all the animals in the market were killed right away and their bodies disposed of. They didn't deserve to end up in that market and they didn't deserve to die that way. They wouldn't dare release anything for fear it carried the virus or worse, another virus.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bats/Wildlife food trade likely source of coronavirus - by Catherine - 02-01-2020, 05:09 PM