Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia's first holistic wildlife trauma hospital
The WA Wildlife trauma hospital opened in April. The hospital mirrors a human hospital with an intensive care unit, recovery area, radiology equipment and even a decontamination chamber. In the short time they have been open they have saved lives and tried new things. They are having to learn as they go along because there is no text book on how to deal with the animal emergencies they encounter. There model is to work from rescue to release. The job is done when the animal is back living its natural life.

Previously they worked out of a small building. Now with a new modern hospital they can do more. They can expand their programs, in particular teaching programs. Future vets could learn to treat injured wildlife through first hand experience. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-14/i.../100136948

This is fantastic news. So many injured animals are lost because there is no where for them to be treated. Now there is a place and there are caring and knowledgeable people able to make a difference. Since most wildlife is injured because of human activity it is right that humans are providing a way to help them.
If the hospital can pass on their knowledge and experience to other vets they are doing even more good. I hope we hear more about this hospital in future. 
I am sure they will have some amazing experiences.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sounds wonderful hope there is more of it.
Maybe they could do a tv show about it. I would watch that show.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine