Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolly Parton bids to adopt abandoned Festival dog
I would love to know what actually happened. Maybe everybody thought someone else had the dog. You are right, micro chipping would have solved the problem much quicker. Even a collar with the dogs name and info would have helped.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I never have been a fan of Dolly Parton's music (living in the Nashville area all my life I get to hear it all the time) but she does have a good heart. Even if she didn't get the dog at least it shed some light on the shelter. It might help other dogs get adopted.
She is one of the people who cares about dogs and helps out strays. I don't like country music either, but I have to like her dedication to helping animals.
Catherine

I never liked Country music either. But one day I was on a crowded train and sat next to a young soldier coming back on leave. He was playing country music and drinking beer. I couldn't move seats. Eventually I decided to enjoy it, accepted a beer he offered, and listened as he told the story of each song that played. Maybe it was the effect of a couple of cans...(haha) but an appreciation suddenly grew in me for the music, which I had never really bothered to listen to before.
I still prefer Mozart....etc! LOL!
I prefer the classical too, but a few cans of good British beer might make all the difference. It would help to have a real performer making it a personal experience. He might have been singing the good stuff. When I lived in Alberta there was a lot of country music and sometimes the quality was questionable.

I suppose in it's day classical music was common and some of it was not too good. What we have left now is the best of the best.
Catherine

I love just about all music classical (although I like to play it more than I like to listen to it), pop, rap, alternative, singer song writer, rock and country especially. If I can sing to it and it resonates with me then I'll love it. But some of the older country is a bit too slow for me and they didn't care too much about whether the person could sing or not. Example: June and Johnny Cash. I live in the heart of where they lived and hear their music all the time and it's like nails on a chalkboard and everyone just thinks they are so awesome. And I'm over in the corner curled up in the fetal position crying with my fingers in my ears 79 not really but I want to be when I have to listen to them. Fun Fact: They are buried in the same cemetery my cousin is buried. There are a few others I do that with but for the most part I like it.

I like more of the newer stuff since early 2000's to now. Like Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts, Loanstar, Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner, Leann Rimes, Lady Antebellum...ect. NEVER EVER Taylor Swift!!!!! ugh She's a fake little princess who let daddy pay her way into the music business. She's as fake in person as she is on TV Angry sorry rant over. She was a year behind me when we were in school. She walked around school like the world owed her something. Not a fan of her as a person or of her music.

It's nice when those with money give to animal charities and organizations or take in pets. It brings much needed publicity and money to helping the animals.
Oddly Jonny Cash is one of the country singers that I actually like.
Maybe it would be different if I heard his music all the time.

I like the performers who help out their communities and especially those who help animals. I don't have to listen to them too often.
Catherine