Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indonesian market to end the sale of dog and cat meat
The Tomohon Extreme Market has committed to being cat and dog meat free. The are the first Indonesian market market to do this.
The action is in response to months of campaigning by Humane Society International and Animal Friends Manado Indonesia. The hope is that the ban will spread. Indonesia currently consumes one million dogs and cats a year. Ending dog and cat meat consumption will end a very cruel practice and it will be safer for the public.

https://www.dw.com/en/extreme-indonesian...a-66319637

This is the beginning of the end for dog meat markets in Indonesia. Once one big market bans the practice, the rest will follow. The work of Humane Society International has been relentless and it has finally paid off. People's attitudes towards dog meat is changing and so are attitudes towards animal cruelty.
It is no longer acceptable. There are plenty of videos out there showing the suffering of dogs and cats. No  one can claim they do not know how cruel the slaughter of dogs and cats really is. 

If Indonesia gives up eating dogs and cats, dare we hope that other countries will follow their example.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is good news.
I think the protestors have really pushed them. We may live to see the end of the brutal dog and cat meat trade.
Catherine

I hope that other markets will quickly follow this lead.
Quote:I hope that other markets will quickly follow this lead.
It could happen. The protestors are not going to give up. They will go after a different market. People dedicated to ending the dog meat trade are not going to go away until the dog meat trade goes away.
Catherine