Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal testing site purchased and turned into animal rescue site.
The Beagle Freedom Project rescues lab animals that are no longer being used. Those animals previously were euthanized.
Shannon contacts various animal testing facilities to arrange to take animals. After receiving many animals from a site in Oklahoma, Shannon ended up buying the whole property and turning it into a rehab site for former lab animals. It is now known as Freedom Fields. Its first rescues were the animals in the testing facility. They now live comfortably and are being prepared for adoption.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle...sanctuary/

The idea is brilliant. Not only did they open a rescue site, they closed down a testing site in the process.
Now they can take in even more animals. I hope we hear many more stories from Freedom Fields and the Beagle Freedom Project.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is a wonderful example of turning darkness into light, cruelty into kindness, bad into good.

As scientists slowly realise that animal tests do *not* guarantee safe use for humans, owing to differing biology, let us hope that more and more of these beagle experimentation labs will be closed, forever.

I am hoping this becomes a trend. Animal testing sites are starting to close. Two years ago a breeding facility closed and released its animals to the Humane Society of the United States.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dogs-beagle...iolations/

I think the turning point was allowing animals to be adopted from research labs instead of euthanizing them. If these animals were deserving of good homes after they had been used, then they were deserving of good homes in the first place.
Catherine

Both wonderful stories hope it happens more.
I think it might be a tend. No one can justify animal testing anymore. We all know it doesn't work.
Catherine