Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets that need you to wake up NOW!
Number eleven is good. That penetrating stare says so much.

Ouch, 4:30 am is really early. Of course cats sleep all day so 4:30am is just one of many wake-up times. Littleman is a typical cat. They do not like an empty food dish. Even if a cat is not hungry, hey like to know they have food waiting.

Why has no one invented an automatic cat feeder? Wait a minute, there already is one, people.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, and if I weren't so lazy, I would remember to fill his bowl and put out his Ragu, BEFORE I go to bed at night. Silly me????
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Quote:Yes, and if I weren't so lazy, I would remember to fill his bowl and put out his Ragu, BEFORE I go to bed at night. Silly me????

Do you really think that would work?Smiley4
You know in the morning he would want new food, not the stuff from the night before.

If I tried it with the guinea pigs they would eat it all and still want more in the morning. They are bottomless pits.Smiley4
Catherine

They certainly are. One day last year we were going away overnight. It wasn't even going to be 24 hours we were away, but it involved a nights stay. We left late afternoon and left the piggies with extra water bottles, extra dry food, far too much hay and veggies in their usual place and 2 other, almost hidden places. They'd eaten all the veggies before we locked the door!! The hay and dry mix lasted them very well, but veggies just can't be left!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
(10-06-2014, 04:32 AM)Catherine Wrote: Why has no one invented an automatic cat feeder? Wait a minute, there already is one, people.Smiley4

LOL!79 So true!

4.30 am is a little early for me too. However there are many times when that's been a 'late night' haha.
I can take cats by surprise sometimes!
Quote:They certainly are. One day last year we were going away overnight. It wasn't even going to be 24 hours we were away, but it involved a nights stay. We left late afternoon and left the piggies with extra water bottles, extra dry food, far too much hay and veggies in their usual place and 2 other, almost hidden places. They'd eaten all the veggies before we locked the door!! The hay and dry mix lasted them very well, but veggies just can't be left!!

Quote: 4.30 am is a little early for me too. However there are many times when that's been a 'late night' haha.
I can take cats by surprise sometimes!

You might get away with surprizing a cat with an early meal, before you go to bed. If you did that with a guinea pig or gave them extra veggies, they would eat them all and still be up and waiting for food at the regular morning breakfast time. I have at least tried to get my piggies to expect breakfast after they hear me get up. So if I wake up, I either have to lie there in the dark very still(no coffee in bed while I listen to the news) or I have to get up and feed them.Smiley4
Catherine

(10-12-2014, 02:59 AM)Catherine Wrote: You might get away with surprizing a cat with an early meal, before you go to bed. If you did that with a guinea pig or gave them extra veggies, they would eat them all and still be up and waiting for food at the regular morning breakfast time. I have at least tried to get my piggies to expect breakfast after they hear me get up. So if I wake up, I either have to lie there in the dark very still(no coffee in bed while I listen to the news) or I have to get up and feed them.Smiley4

It was exactly that way with Misty. If I had woken up in the night, and come downstairs (especially in the early few years) -she would have followed me, got on her downstairs bed and expected me to make toast! Sometimes I did...and always gave her a little crunchy bit. She thought 'getting up at night means extra snacks'!
If ever I got up with indigestion, that was still no excuse! LOL
In the mornings, there was no lying in bed with her around. It was business as usual. Up....food....and outside to the orchard.
Pets just don't appreciate the joys of sleeping in. Maybe we need to send them to work for a week. Then they will know why we enjoy a good lie-in.

Misty had you trained. I could picture her getting up during the night with you wanting her food and then being up again first thing expecting to be fed again. very clever.

My cats once tricked me into believing that I hadn't fed them. It was only later that I noticed a dirty spoon in the sink and realized that they had already been fed.Smiley4
Catherine