Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Theft is Happening All Over
I wish I could take a reptile to work, but I don't think people would like that.
You are lucky you can take Suzy places. That must be great.  Can you take her into coffee shops?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I heard of someone who tried to take his dog into Starbucks and was told to leave so I haven't tried to take her there. I take her to the bank, grocery shopping at times, and to all parties I go to throughout the year.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Once during a power outage, I took all my reptiles and guinea pigs to a party at the neighbours. They had heat and my place was cold. I had to evacuate everyone to the neighbours. It is a good thing the other guests were all friends of mine. They understood why there were tanks all over the place on the floor while we had our party.

I have never tried to take a reptile into a coffee shop. I wish I could. I always wanted to take Jonathan the bearded dragon to the movies with me. I think she would have been fine. I never quite got up the nerve to try it.
Catherine

Maybe the time will come when we can be comfortable in places that approve of our pets. They SHOULD approve them already!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
If they opened a "Bring your pets" coffee shop in my neighbourhood, I would go there. I wish they would. I could go for a walk and then take a break and then walk home. I think some of my snakes would be fine with that. I am sure the beardies would be. I could even give them treats.

Reptile Café! I like the sound of that. They could serve dishes of meal worms with the coffee and snacks. People with Iguanas could walk them there. Of course we would have to watch out that there were not two male iguanas at once or even two male bearded dragons.  It could be fun. Certainly it would bring together people with common interests.
Catherine